Sunday, July 31, 2005

Two years and we met!

How is it to meet your best friend after a long time? Do you feel excited and keep anticipating the day of your meeting? Do you feel nostalgic thinking about the time you spent with them? Does it give you a spring in your step? Well, I felt all this when I was going to meet my best buddy after two long years. Right from the time I booked the flight tickets, I felt wonderful, I was just counting down the days left, I kept thinking how would we react when we met? What would be the first words we did say to each other? On the day when we were gonna meet, the flight journey seemed so long, I just kept wishing that the air hostess would announce, "Please tie your seat belts, we'll be shortly landing at Hartsfield International Airport". I literally jumped from my seat when the plane landed and taxied towards the gate. I could hardly wait to get out of the plane. The journey from the terminal to the arrival lounge took forever. On reaching the lounge I came to know that my buddy would take some more time to reach the airport and we would meet only after 15 minutes. I waited for my dear buddy to come and pick me up, with the wait almost seeming endless. Finally I saw the car in which my buddy was coming to pick me up. The instant our eyes met was priceless. The feeling of meeting after such a long time is impossible to put into words. You have to feel it to know it. I guess we were the happiest people on earth then. The only words we exchanged at that moment were "Long time!, good to see you again" : ) These words literally swept away any awkwardness which was bound to creep in. It was like old times. I felt like we had met just the day before. I was lucky to meet my dearest buddy. I thank god for making this possible. Well I hope I get many more chances in the near future.