Sunday, September 26, 2004

begging!!---an art

After coming to USA one thing I noticed is that there are hardly any beggars unlike India......which is a very good thing...not that there are no beggars....I had an experience with an american beggar while going home one evening.I was crossing a bridge over Schukyll river and came to the other side...I saw an old decently dressed man coming towards me....i was a bit apprehensive and I didnt want anything to happen to me.....he came toward me, he stopped and asked "Dou have any spare change?"..I was surprised by the question and I said no and started walking away from there as fast as I could...I really didnt have any change on me then...I reached home and told my room-mates about my experience and they said he was a beggar and he was askin for some chutta.....I just looked at them in dismay and realised that it was a sophisticated beggar...unlike in India torn clothes, lame or blind and screaming "Allah ke naam se dede..baba!"......and now instead of sayig chutta nahin hain aage badho I have to "say sorry mate no change".....lol