Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Sameer...hawa ka jhoka!!!

Sameer....hawa ka jhoka...well this dialog from Hum Dil De Chuke sanam has made the name famous or should i say infamous ; ).....well the name sameer literally means Vayu Dev or the wind god according to Hindu mythology
Sameer, the name has become so common....When I was in VJTI civil there were four people with the same name in our class...it was so difficult to call sameer..every time someone used to call sameer the other three would respond ; )
Sameer, sam, sammy, sammo,sami these r the many versions that I have been addressed with. Though it is also spelt as samir. There have been many instances where sameer has been confused with zameer and I was asked whether I am a Muslim :-)....such a simple name also causes confusions in spelling...the most comon misspelling being sammer; )
Well before I start sounding too obsessed with my name...i better curtail this post here :-)
signing off
Sameer