Saturday, June 26, 2004

Rains!!

Its that season when the sky seems heavy,
Its that season when the seas are wavy.

its that season when the peacock starts dancing,
its that season when the cuckoo starts singing.

yes its the monsoon magic....the rains are here again
I absolutely love the mumbai rains. People staying in mumbai only can experience what i am describing...

Its so lovely to get up in the morning with a cup of hot steaming tea in your hand and enjoy the heavy rains lashing outside....

When i was a kid i used to wait for heavy rains,because mumbai invariably gets flooded after any heavy shower, so that school gets closed and i could enjoy the rains...

I rememeber one incident, i was in some kg class, the previuos night it had rained very heavily and the school was closed. my mom and dad told me that today is a holiday and i started crying becos i couldnt go to school. my dad hoisted me on his shoulders and waded through knee deep water and took me to school to show me that it was really closed..then i stopped crying ; )

u just have to be in mumbai to experience it....there is no other....

well i end it up with a rhyme..its in marathi

ye re ye re pausa!
tula deto paisa!!
paisa zhala khota!
paus aala motha!!
here starts the rain..i am off..bbye

enjoy : )