Saturday, June 19, 2004

"Kumbhakaran"--hope u ppl know this Ramayana character

The other day I was travelling in the good ol' BEST bus and I suddenly got up with a jolt after sleeping yet another time in a moving vehicle and remembered that I had to get down. I just managed to alight at my stop...there have been many instances where i have gone ahead of my stop(thats another story!!)...
We had a lesson in marathi in 10th "Nidradevi chi aaradhana"...(which in english means Invoking the blessings of Sleep Goddess).In this the author had the inborn ability of dozing off when it was time for studies!!...I think god has given me this strange ability of dozing off anywhere in the world..though this is sometimes beneficial in case of a boring lecture ; )...you name any place; buses, cars, trains, "autorickshaws", planes,airports, classrooms, theatres(unless the movie is very interesting!!)...I do manage to catch 40 winks.....
The shortest journey in which I managed to sleep was in a rick from my house to the station, my friend had to literally wake me up(dunno know what I was doin the last night..must have been sleeping ; ) )
Another instance I was found on the floor(instead of my bed!!)sound asleep by my mom...I was in such a deep slumber that I failed to notice that I had landed on the floor.I remember many more episodes and hilarious incidences related to my sleep..maybe another time...but the Goddess of Sleep "Nidradevi" must be surely happy with me and she has blessed me with instant sleep"kahin bhi kabhi bhi"....I better go and complete my sleep now : )