Monday, June 21, 2004

Lakshya!!

There I was lying on the bed...at 1:30 am in the morning in one of the rare instances when sleep had abandoned me...staring at the ceiling and feeling the cool monsoon air coming in from the open window.....thinking in the moments of emptiness...what I am doing?....where am I heading to?....what is my goal?...what is my aim....the word is Lakshya....exactly Lakshya!!!
I was wondering when man comes to life he does not have any lakshya.As and when he grows older he sets out to achieve various goals.There is no single Lakshya. Infact throughout our Life we achieve some goals and some goals remain unfulfilled. At different stages in life we have diferrent goals....different ambitions...

when i was a baby my only Lakshya was to get my mother's complete attention!!!
when i grew older my only Lakshya was to drink bournvita, go to school and study ; )
when i was in 10th my only Lakshya was to get good marks and get into a good college!!!
when i understood what is love my only Lakshya was to get the attention of my crush ; )
when I was in 12th my only Lakshya was to score high and get into a good engineering college!!!
when i got into engineering my only Lakshya was to score 40% minimum to clear the sem ; )
when i was in final year my only Lakshya was to get a First Class on my Degree Certificate!!!
when I was applying my only Lakshya was to get into a US university and get funding : )
my only Lakshya now is to get the damn F1 VISA and come over to the US of A!!!

haan yehin rasta hai mera, maine ab jaana hai!!
haan yehin sapna hai mera, maine pehchana hai!!
mujhe ab yeh dikhana hai,
roke mujhko aandhiyaan, kya zameen aur aasmaan
paoonga jo lakshya hai mera
Lakshya kooooooo.......har haal mein pana hai!!!

(for the uninitiated this is a modification of the original song in Lakshya......sorry for copyright voilations; ) )

well i think i am beginning to doze off ; )
my only Lakshya now is to complete my sleep...have to get up tomorrow morning ; )

zzzz....Lakshya!!!...zzzz.....exactly Lakshya!!!!....zzzzzzzzzz