Thursday, July 01, 2004

The First Admit

(no no I was not admitted to any hospital; )) It was 2nd December 2003...9:30 pm...me sitting in front of my PC after a long time...had just returned from Pune and was posted to Mumbai...checkin mails and chattin

ding!!my mailbox says,u have mail!!well nothing surprising,thats what I was sitting for.anticipating some mails.I opened my mailbox and just sat gawking at the dumb screen.The subject read Syracuse Admission notification.With trembling hands and a racing heart(I could hear my own heartbeats)....I opened the mail.Damn this yahoo mail take such a long time to open:-(.I am still waiting for it to open.Finally it opens and I read the first word Congratulations!and the following sentence..you have been accepted to pursue the MS program at Syracuse University.I am literally jumping all around the house and shouting I got it! I got it!(This is what archimedes must have felt when he ran about saying Eureka! Eureka!).I am sure my mom and sis were thinking that I was out of my mind; )

I give them the good news and believe me they too start jumping around ; )...i had never seen my mom so happy(ok maybe when i was born she must have been more happy ; ) ). I just couldnt believe my eyes. It took about 5 mins to register that I had actually got an admit, that elusive admit. It was the culmination of all the efforts that I had put while preparing the application and sending it as early as possible

I got 4 more admits later but I will always cherish my first admit!!!