Monday, June 27, 2005

Terrible Hairsperience

On a lazy Friday afternoon, coming back from a marathon shopping session, before leaving for my vacation, I decided to have a hair cut to look presentable to my buddies and my bro. Took an appointment for five in the evening. Here is where, I realized later was the biggest mistake I made, but who knew a simple haircutting would turn into a disaster. I sat in the barberÂ’s chair at 5:00pm and intuitively thought something was wrong. A new looking chinkoo female hairdresser was getting down to business. I asked her to trim my hair and there began the ordeal. She was fumbling with the scissors and after trying out four she finally selected one, then she tried on five combs before she chose one. After cutting four and a half hairs, she suddenly stopped and reached for an unwieldy electric shaver. I am not kidding, but after 15 minutes she had cut just nine and a half hairs using as many instruments. Then she got the hang of it and increased her speed to two hairs a minute. She was nowhere close to finishing after 30 mins. I was feeling increasingly frustrated sitting in the chair wrapped in a stuffy cover with my hair nowhere close to trim. After suffering another 15 minutes I just gave up and resigned to fate with the hope that she would finish in another hour. I actually dozed off midway and was awoken by the now hysterical hairdresser who was screaming after she accidently nipped my ear. That was the last straw, I was the one who was hurt and instead of being helped had to turn to helper and calm down the hairdresser. She collected her wits and managed to finish off the remaining ordeal. I was maybe her first customer, but definitely her last. Phew! Atleast I managed to come back with my entire ear intact and patched up with a band aid. This is what I would call a hairsplitting hair-sperience.