Friday, April 15, 2005

Daylight Saving

April 2nd 2005, one second after 1:59:59 am the clock read 3:00:00am. I stared at the watch in disbelief. Rubbed my eyes to make it go away, but no it still showed 3am. Probably I was too tired after the show or maybe the effects of hectic preparation for the show and lack of sleep were beginning to show up. Could it be if someone had laced my pepsi with alcohol? I was at an afterparty at a club on the Philadelphia river side. But I was neither slurring nor was I seeing things blurred. Then I decided to leave that place asap and head for the comforts of home sweet home. On the way back I was still dazed about why it happened. The next day I awoke at noon and looked outside, the sun was struggling to make it to the highest point. I was still bewildered and then it struck me that these Americans want to control even the days and nights. They have a scheme called as DST, "daylight saving time", where in spring they push the clocks one hour ahead and in fall they pull the clocks one hour behind. DST was the reason for all my confusion of the previous night. The ways of life in a foreign country!!