Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Haircut

One look at the mirror early morning today gave me a rude shock. I looked like a mop upside down. I resembled "Mowgli" in "Jungle Book". Only I didn't have Bhaloo and Bagheera for company. Probably I should change my profession from student to rock star.

Ahh!! The travails of being a graduate student in USA. Neither do you have enough money to shell out for a regular haircut nor there is anybody to pester you for having a haircut.

These barbers here charge a fortune to get rid of useless hair and expect a hefty tip too. Back home in India it was just Rs. 20/- to get back to civilization. How I miss my regular barber.
Here you have to fix an appointment to get those scissors go snip snip snip!
Back home you just grab a magazine and wait for the barber's chair to get empty and its done in a jiffy.

One look again at the mirror all the thoughts vanished except that I needed to get haircut real soon before I fail to recognize myself. What's the phone number of the saloon...aaarghh!!