Monday, February 07, 2005

First Birthday away from home!!

Have you ever celebrated your b'day away from home, away from your parents and relatives?
I celebrated my 23rd birthday 8000 miles away from home in Philadelphia.
Infact I celebrated twcie. Once a small icecream party with just my roommates at the stroke of 12am on 31st Jan and recieving calls from family and friends in US and India. The second party was a blast with cake cutting, b'day bumps and pizza where I had invited 25 people, mostly people whom I had met in Mumbai, my roomates and some seniors. What a great party it was. though after the second round of b'day bumps I had a sore behind, a' la Saif ali khan in Dil Chahata hain :). got cake pasted all over my face and head
Though I missed my parents, my sis and other relatives, this party made up for all that. All the people of the house said "wish you a very very happy birthday"
I would always remember this birthday for years to come.