Thursday, November 25, 2004

Adventure on Thanksgiving Eve!!

25th November 2004. Thanksgiving eve!!. What a beautiful day to wake up on. The weather was perfect to go out and enjoy. This was at 10:00am. Who knew that it would all change suddenly. I had breakfast and went for a shower. I dressed up and just had a casual glance outside and the weather was in its element. Damn! Suddenly it had become overcast and the clouds were just waiting to pour. I was hoping it would not rain till I reached school. So I got ready to face the inclement weather. The moment I stepped out of my building, as if on cue, it started pouring. Today was not a good day for me. I said "come what may I am going to school today".
Here begins the adventure. It was pouring cats and dogs. I crossed the interstate I-76. No soul except me and the cars whizzing past. I continued walking, braving the cold gusts of winds and kept walking till I reached the Schukyll river bridge. Whoosh!! There goes my cap. Flying!!.Luckily it didn't go into the river. I had a moment of hesitation,'To go to school or to head back', but then it dawned upon me I was already halfway to school and I could see the department building. I picked up the cap and continued walking. In fact half flying half walking due to the strong winds. Somehow I crossed the bridge and my destination was nearing. The rains were trying their best to prevent me from reaching school, but I pressed on. My destination was nearing. Finally I reached my department building. Whew. I made it. And at that precise moment it stopped raining. I could almost hear the weather laughing at me. The journey which normally takes 15 mins, took me half an hour. But I had reached my final frontier. In my lab it was all warm and nice. But I was dreading my return journey. Well that may be another adventure.