Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Tutoring

I was very happy when I got a second job to make up full 20 hours of on-campus job. Today was the first day of my tutoring. A student had scheduled an appointment with me at 3:00pm for an understanding of some concepts from electromagnetics. Well I reached at 2:00pm after lunch at the learning center waiting for my student. I was using my free time to check mails and there walks in a student to get some help. As I was the only tutor around I had to volunteer to help him out and it turned out he wanted some help in calculus. I was like "Oh my god!!".First day. I didnt want to mess up and I had calculus in my high school.....6 long years past....It was as bad as it could get....the students name was Bill...chinese and he too was talking calculus after 6 long year...he had 4 problems to be solved. I sat with him for one hour and solved each and every problem and I was astonished when I saw that I had solved all the problems...the student was so happy and I gave him some more tips so that calculus is simpler for him....I guess I could tutor any subject I had in my undergraduate and its not so bad.....the best thing is the expression of the students when they understand the topics.....so back to tutoring again....I have another appointment scheduled for Electric Circuits!!!!......I again start with